MisterBlues schreef op 10 augustus 2020 11:34:
Sommigen doen nu alsof het helemaal niets voorstelt. Het bedrijfje heeft Fast Track gekregen plus doelgroep uitbreiding, tevens voortgangsgoedkeuring van commissie randomized medisch onderzoek (toezichtscommissie), bovendien veiligheidsnormen DSMC gehaald.
Dit is een kleine onafhankelijke studie van iemand van investors hangout:
Aviptadil works in the inhaled form!!! There was a 2008 study done on it. I was a bit worried the inhaled version wouldn't work as well as the IV, but this 2008 study must be why they are so optimistic about the inhaled version. Ok, here are the details:
• Open label study with AVIPTADIL supplied by MondoBiotech which was Relief Therapeutics' old name
• No adverse side-effects were observed. NONE
• Single inhalation dose was given
• AVIPTADIL by IV reduces BP but inhalation did not impact BP
• Helped O2 saturation. O2 improvment statistically significant in patients with chronic lung disease
• Mentioned other referenced long term tests done of 4 inhalation per day showed significant improvement in "6 minute walk test".
• Long term tests up to 12 weeks of 4x/day were well tolerated with no adverse affects.
• Had cardiac benefits but not "long lasting" enough to be long term treatment for pulmonary hypertension, which is what the trial was investigating.
So for my interpretations to Covid treatments. Since current Covid IV treatments showed improvements in just 3 days of treatments "long term" treatment isn't needed. I was worried about how will the inhalation version of AVIPTIDAL would work but this 2008 study already supports that inhaled AVIPTADIL offers immediate improved lung and cardiac function for short term use. So AVIPTIDAL may not be a suitable drug for long term treatment of hypertension like they were trying it for in 2008 ... but it definetly was shown to help for short term use which is what is needed for Covid treatments.
Overall I know this makes me feel better about how the upcoming tests will fare. 1. Proven no adverse side effects. 2. Proven to help pulmonary and cardiac function is patients with lung issues. So add to that the specific reasons why Aviptadil combats Covid .... and this all supports the reasoning that Relief and NeuroRX are so confident of the success these trials will have